aromatic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (chemistry) of or relating to or containing one or more benzene rings
an aromatic organic compound
- s having a strong pleasant odor
- In preparation for the journey, her body's internal organs--all except for the heart--had been removed and replaced with aromatic preservatives.
- The researchers set out to examine the concentration of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)potentially potent carcinogens formed by the incomplete burning of a range of .
- The study focused on exposure to substances called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), a by-product of the incomplete burning of gas, diesel, oil and coal.
News & Articles
- Barbecue and eye care
<p>The BBQ season is fast upon us and the air will be filled with the aromatic scents of good old fashioned BBQ. Fire + man + meat = delicious eating or burnt offerings depending on your leve...
June 16, 2013 - Sampson Independent
- Polyurethane Coating protects electronic circuitry.
Utilizing special blend of solvents, PUCAF Aromatic Free Polyurethane Conformal Coating offers rapid touch dry time of less than 10 min. Product demonstrates optimal adhesion to many substrates and is highly resistant to mold growth and moisture. Applied by manual and selective spray processes, coating fluoresces under UV light to aid inspection. Once cured, coating can be removed with Conformal ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Beer-steamed mussels
Serves 2 The unusual aromatic qualities of Hoegaarden witbier make a significant difference in the flavor of this dish. Other wheat beers can be substituted if you also add a strip of orange rind.
June 11, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Nigel Scullion in The Australian
I have also been gratified by the excellent cooperation of fuel distributors and service station operators in Alice Springs towards Opal,Senator Scullion said. "Opal fuel is basically unleaded fuel without aromatic hydrocarbons and I am...
- Hippocrates in The West Australian
Hippocrates, born about 460BC and known as The Father of Medicine, said: "The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and scented massage every day."
- Adolf Eichmann in The Jewish Week
Eichmann added, "We trusted each other perfectly ...... While we talked he would smoke one aromatic cigarette after another, taking them from a silver case and lighting them with a little silver lighter. With his great polish and reserve he would...