- v take away the weapons from; render harmless
- a (used of persons or the military) not having or using arms
went alone and unarmed
unarmed peasants were shot down
- a (used of plants or animals) lacking barbs or stings or thorns
- The unarmed bomb slammed down in the gummy loam near Florence (pop.
- But when troops searched the civilian victims, they found they were unarmed.
- The incident, first reported by PTI in March, has sparked two major military investigations--one into the possibility that the Marines deliberately murdered unarmed Iraqis and .
News & Articles
- Jury selection in Trayvon Martin murder moves at snail's pace
By Barbara Liston SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - The polarizing debate that followed the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Florida last year means it could take up to two weeks to pick the six jurors needed to try the case. Prosecution and defense lawyers in the trial in Florida's Seminole County are entitled to subject potential ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Three charged in connection with Tuesday morning robbery
Three Holt residents were charged Tuesday with unarmed robbery after officials said they were found with property that had been stolen early Tuesday morning.
June 11, 2013 - Lansing State Journal
- Unarmed protester killed in front of Iranian Embassy in Lebanon
BEIRUT -- An unarmed Lebanese protester was killed on Sunday by gunfire in front of the Iranian Embassy in Beirut, Lebanese security officials said.It was not clear who killed the man, a member of a small crowd demonstrating against the backing of Iran and its Hezbollah ally for Syrian President Bashar Assad.Pro-Assad Lebanese gunmen were in the vicinity at the time of the killing, the sources ...
June 9, 2013 - MSNBC
- Al Sharpton in FOXNews
We strategically know how to stop the city so people stand still and realize that you do not have the right to shoot down unarmed, innocent civilians,Sharpton told an overflow crowd of several hundred people at his National Action Network...
- Johnny Sutton in USA Today
Sutton noted that critics of the prosecution of the agents have complained that Aldrete, "the fleeing, unarmed drug smuggler they shot," should have been prosecuted.