- n the formal act of approving
- v give sanction to
- v judge to be right or commendable; think well of
- s expressing or manifesting praise or approval
- The confiding tone and relaxed body language, which was seen live on four networks, immediately drew approving reviews.
- Will has written an approving article about him, three retired generals have endorsed him, and he has raised thousands of dollars from Hollywood for his campaign.
- In response, the government has taken a practical, if not exactly approving, stance toward the problem.
News & Articles
- Nicaragua Approving Massive Canal Project
Nicaragua approving handing massive canal project to little-known Chinese company
June 13, 2013 - ABC News
- ComEd Commends ICC Order Approving Smart Meter Acceleration
ComEd announced that the Illinois Commerce Commission yesterday issued an order approving the accelerated deployment of smart meters to all ComEd customers. The order follows the Illinois General Assembly's action last month to enact Senate Bill 9, getting the state's Smart Grid program back on track
June 13, 2013 - ElectricNet
- MMAFighting: CA putting hold on TRT exemptions
The California State Athletic Commission (CDSAC) will not be approving any new exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) until its new policy on the subject becomes law. The time frame, according to CSAC Executive Director Andy Foster, could be anywhere between two months and one year.
June 13, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Dana Perino in Malaysia Sun
While approving a sentence of death for a member of our armed services is a serious and difficult decision for a commander in chief, the president believes the facts of this case leave no doubt that the sentence is just and warranted,White...
- President Bush in Manila Bulletin
In bids of bringing back liquidity into its financial system, Bush said: "I can assure you that my administration and our Congress are working together to quickly pass a legislation approving this strategy. And I'm confident we will act in the...
- Nouri al-Maliki in USA Today
This is a historic day,al-Maliki said in a 10-minute address on national television. "We have achieved one of (Iraq's) most important achievements in approving the agreement on the withdrawal of foreign forces from Iraq and restoring the...