- n the formal act of approving
he gave the project his blessing
- n a desirable state
enjoy the blessings of peace
- n a short prayer of thanks before a meal
- n a ceremonial prayer invoking divine protection
- n the act of praying for divine protection
- v give a benediction to
- v confer prosperity or happiness on
- v make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- v render holy by means of religious rites
- Count your blessings but not everyday.
- Meyer, 61, offers a gospel of prosperity that promises that God rewards tithing with his blessing.
- The Anglican primates met in Dar es Salaam in February and made three key recommendations to the American bishops: that they stop ordaining gay bishops and blessing gay unions and .
News & Articles
- Council members approve new university partnership
National City council gives blessing for Alliant International University at Sweetwater.
June 22, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- Pet blessing at CCCUCC
ELBURN—Community Congregational Church—United Church of Christ will offer a pet blessing on Saturday, June 29, at 10:30 a.m. in the parking lot at the southeast corner of Shannon and Main streets in Elburn. All members of the community with pets that can be safely brought to the church are welcome. The pet blessing will include [...]
June 20, 2013 - Elburn Herald
- Ex-UTEP track star Blessing Okagbare excels across the globe
Professional track star Blessing Okagbare makes her living in short, quick bursts, but the trip that reaffirmed her place at the top of the world literally went around it.
June 20, 2013 - El Paso Times
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in 940 News
There isn't anything we cannot do together if we seek God's blessing and if we stay committed and are not deterred by the setbacks that often fall in every life,Clinton said.
- Lance Armstrong in New Zealand Herald
Typical first stage: Everybody wants to be in the front, everybody nervous for crashes,Armstrong said, noting that a huge fan turnout on the roadsides was both good and bad. "Millions and millions on the road, it's a blessing and a curse....
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
His fight [with cancer] has given us the opportunity we were denied when his brothers John and Robert were taken from us -- the blessing of time to say thank you, and goodbye,Obama said.