grace : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Christian theology) a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who is under such divine influence
the conception of grace developed alongside the conception of sin
it was debated whether saving grace could be obtained outside the membership of the church
the Virgin lived in a state of grace
- n elegance and beauty of movement or expression
a beautiful figure which she used in subtle movements of unparalleled grace
- n a sense of propriety and consideration for others
a place where the company of others must be accepted with good grace
- n a disposition to kindness and compassion
the victor's grace in treating the vanquished
- n (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors
- n a short prayer of thanks before a meal
their youngest son said grace
- n (Christian theology) the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God
God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners
there but for the grace of God go I
- v make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- v be beautiful to look at
- So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.
News & Articles
- Grace King teacher accused of child pornography is placed on 'indefinite leave'
The Grace King High School teacher accused of child pornography has been placed on indefinite leave from his job. The Jefferson Parish public school system disclosed the employment status of Walter Sologaistoa, 43, of Kenner, but did not say whether...
June 11, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Leadership grace, Part 2
“Grace must find expression in life, otherwise it is not grace”, are words of wisdom by Karl Barth. With our divine quiet grace, it shines like an outward beacon. The 3 Cs are outward manifest-ations of inward grace: care, compas-sion, confi-dence. Confi-dence is one of the elements that draw followers to great leaders. Warning: confidence is not arrogance. Care and compassion are grace ...
June 11, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- Grace completes four-month jail term for DUI
Former Arizona Diamondbacks television analyst Mark Grace has been released from a Phoenix jail after completing a four-month DUI sentence under a work-release program.
June 10, 2013 - ESPN
- Barack Obama in Boston Herald
None of us are absent some regrets, senator,said President Obama at the funeral. "That's why we enjoy and seek the grace of God."
- Kate Jackson in Twirlit
Her Charlie's Angels co-star Kate Jackson said, "Farrah showed immense courage and grace throughout her illness and was an inspiration to those around her: I will remember her kindness, her cutting dry wit and, of course, her beautiful smile: when...