- a of an appropriate or pertinent nature
- r at an opportune time
your letter arrived apropos
- r introducing a different topic; in point of fact
- There's a line from The Shawshank Redemption that is apropos.
- It's just a week and a half until The Jay Leno Show begins airing a thousand hours a week on NBC, so apropos of my supersized Leno story this week, it seems as good a time as any .
- It is, of course, apropos of the announcement that 252 new saints may shortly be added to the Catholic calendar as a result of investigations into Roman Catholic martyrs during the .
News & Articles
- Woody Woodburn: Dads, sons and daughters, too
Father’s Day arrives Sunday, so it seems apropos to begin today with a hallmark quote from yesteryear.
June 15, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- LATEST NEWS
It is apropos that in your photo (Time, Feb. 15) of Patricia Raneri , principal of Old Greenwich School , her hand is over her heart. In my experience as an Old Greenwich School mom for the past four years, Ms. Raneri's heart is truly with her students.
June 13, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Arts: Cool stuff for Father’s Day
For artist Devon Palmer, learning how to turn wood also became an easy way to hang-time with his father as an adult. Apropos that Palmer is teaching a wooden pen-making workshop for fathers and sons — or daughters! — at Columbus Idea Foundry this Sunday (FYI: June 16 is Father’s Day, slackers). The class is sold out, but a gift certificate to a future Columbus Idea Foundry workshop is a great ...
June 12, 2013 - Columbus Alive
- Lou Piniella in ESPN
Sammy's had a great career,Piniella said before the series began. "It's maybe apropos that here the Cubbies are in town and Sammy is going for his 600th home run. He was an icon in Chicago for a long time, was loved."
- Don King in BoxingScene.com
George was with me in the beginning of my boxing career, including at the Rumble in the Jungle in Kinshasa, Zaire, back in 1974,King said. "He stood up for me during a time and climate when it wasn't apropos for a brother to stand up for a...
- Marc Crawford in Forbes
It was apropos for (Visnovsky) to score the winner,Kings coach Marc Crawford said. "He took a hard hit there (earlier in the game) and that shows that he has a lot of good determination. A lot of teams go after good players all the time,...