- s nonstandard usage
- r without doubt (used to reinforce an assertion)
- r an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence
- r in a satisfactory or adequate manner; (`alright' is a nonstandard variant of `all right')
- But so far the public seems to like us and we hope that as long as we don't make any mistakes we shall be alright.
- It's not a question of just getting rid of Mugabe and everything will be alright because it won't be.
- The kids are not alright.
News & Articles
- How to ask total strangers for large sums of money
Alright, you've got a business plan, but so does everyone and their cousin. Advice from local investors on how to seal the deal.
June 12, 2013 - Crosscut
- Yep, That's a Helicopter Bicycle
OK, so none of us probably have any use for a flying bike, but it's alright to want one. It's perfectly natural. So just let the wild envy wash over you as this Frankenstein machine takes flight . Read more...
June 12, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Victoria's Secret Model Chanel Iman Left Rihanna Speechless
(Instagram) When it comes to body language, nobody knows how to use it better than Rihanna . After recently glamming it up in Coco Chanel's Paris apartment, the singer headed to her show in the City of Lights where she spotted gorgeous Victoria's Secret supermodel Chanel Iman backstage. "I don't even know what to say!" Rihanna captioned the pic she posted on Instagram . That's alright RiRi, the ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Tiger Wood in Scotsman
I just needed to obviously make one more putt,Woods said. "I just needed to make one, then possibly two, I thought coming in. I knew if I kept making pars I would be alright and that I would give myself a chance at the end, and that's the...
- Doc Rivers in FOXNews
I think he's healthy,Celtics coach Doc Rivers said about The King after the 124-95 thrashing that was basically over midway through the first quarter. "His elbow looked very good tonight, so enough with the elbow injury, alright?"
- Ricky Hatton in guardian.co.uk
I felt alright tonight, really big and strong but I left myself open. He's better inside than I thought, with all the elbows and shoulders and forearms he used,said Hatton after the fight. "I didn't quite stick to my game-plan. He's not...