- n money extracted as a penalty
- v issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street
- s being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition
dinner and the movies had been fine
another minute I'd have been fine
- s minutely precise especially in differences in meaning
a fine distinction
- s thin in thickness or diameter
a fine film of oil
read the fine print
- s characterized by elegance or refinement or accomplishment
looking fine in her Easter suit
a fine gentleman
fine china and crystal
a fine violinist
the fine hand of a master
- a of textures that are smooth to the touch or substances consisting of relatively small particles
wood with a fine grain
fine powdery snow
batiste is a cotton fabric with a fine weave
covered with a fine film of dust
- s free from impurities; having a high or specified degree of purity
gold 21 carats fine
- r an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence
- r in a delicate manner
finely shaped features
her fine drawn body
- A woman journalist convicted of public indecency for wearing trousers outdoors and facing a month in jail says she was freed from prison after her fine was paid without her .
- The idea that kids should slow down and trade electronic pleasures for pastoral ones is a fine example of transference.
- Motorsport's governing body slaps McLaren with a $100 million fine over the possession of a rival's confidential data.
- Paris Hilton in Taipei Times
In a post on Twitter after the incident Hilton wrote: "Hey guys, there's a lot of crazy rumors going around. Just want you all to know the truth. Everything is completely fine. I was not charged or arrested, cause I didn't do anything. I was...
- Roger Goodell in USA Today
Goodell said he did not suspend Belichick because, "The discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective,...
- Lance Armstrong in National
It's fine. I think in the press room it looks heated but it's really not. Armstrong told reporters. You can't take away the fact that he's probably maybe the most talented guy ever to throw a leg over a bike,Armstrong, 38, said. "I don't...