- (n) a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence
- The amiable dunce went on to win the cold war.
- But they don't necessarily mean that light-sleeping children are doomed to wearing the dunce cap.
- It's hard to be the school dunce and be happy.
- Google’s artificial neural network which taught itself to recognize cats in 2012 has been left looking like a dunce, with a new network by NVIDIA and Stanford University packing more than six times the brainpower. The new large-scale neural network uses NVIDIA’s GPUs to pack in 6.5x more processing power than Google before it, but Read The Full Storyon June 18, 2013 Source: SlashGear
- The Falcons surely hope to avoid being called “dumb” by Matt Ryan’s agents next year. Of course, if being dumb means winning the Super Bowl, the Falcons would gladly wear the dunce cap. For now, the posture between Ryan and the team that made him the third overall pick in the 2008 draft is identical…on June 18, 2013 Source: NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- "Right afterward, I felt like a dunce," Rivers said. "At the time, though, there was nothing in me that didn't feel like it was the right thing to do."on Apr 29, 2008 By: Doc Rivers Source: International Herald Tribune
- "It was one of those things. He'd bowled three very good overs [0-19] and I backed him to keep doing it," Vettori said. "It is one of those decisions - you are either a genius or a dunce. I have to live with the fact that it didn't quite work...on Feb 24, 2008 By: Daniel Vettori Source: Stuff.co.nz
- "You'd have to think that Murdoch is a closed minded dunce not to think that he recognises that something is happening here in Britain, that the political landscape has been shaken up and he has to look at it," Mr Stelzer said.on Oct 14, 2007 By: Irwin Stelzer Source: guardian.co.uk