- n a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence
- Least successful are Miller's opening monologues, which mimic those of countless female stand-up comics who joke endlessly about menstrual cramps and numskull boyfriends.
- The vehicle he has chosen is a numskull cops-and-robbers piece about a skip tracer (someone who hunts down bail jumpers).
- Last week such scarred and toughened warriors cursed every stick and stone of the German Reichsgebaude "and every pulpy numskull in it, sir!".
- Frank Rich in Seattle Times
The Los Angeles Times dismissed "Red Scorpion" as "a numskull live-action comic book," and New York Times columnist Frank Rich called it "seriously God-awful."