hammerhead : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence
- n the striking part of a hammer
- n medium-sized live-bearing shark with eyes at either end of a flattened hammer-shaped head; worldwide in warm waters; can be dangerous
- While a graduate student in the 1970s, Klimley became the first scientist ever to swim directly into schools of adult hammerhead sharks.
- Declining numbers of hammerhead sharks off the Florida panhandle may have allowed stingrays to reach record numbers there.
- It's not easy to like hammerhead sharks.
News & Articles
- What color is your propeller?
Colorful propellers gave a different spin to some aircraft on display at the Paris Air Show. See our photo gallery for some of the day’s best images. Also deserving some props for its props was the Piaggio Aero P.1HH HammerHead, described as an Unmanned Aerial System:
June 19, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Ray Combs in Orlando Sentinel
I have been on boats shooting video as an 18-foot hammerhead ate a 200-pound tarpon mere feet away from me,said Combs, 32. "But . . . it doesn't compare to the surreal feeling of watching soldiers fish while holding their rifle in one hand...
- JEAN-MICHEL COUSTEAU in Austin 360
I am very pleased that Austin-area residents will now get the chance to share in this truly memorable encounter with the world's great shark species, such as the Great White, Whale Shark and Hammerhead,said Jean-Michel Cousteau, President of...
- Jared Allen in CNN
Jasper's a hammerhead,said Jared Allen. "The boy can flat hit. Antoine's a beast, a playmaker. He gives the whole defense confidence."