- n a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence
- The emotion-heavy words that are easiest to spot are epithets and endearments: blockhead, scumbum, heel, sweetheart, darling, great human being and the like.
- In Polish, the word for snowman, balwan, has a second meaning: blockhead or dummy.
- Three months in, Charlie Brown gets his stripy shirt, and he gets called a blockhead for the first time in 1951.
News & Articles
- Seen@E3: The Evil Within's terrifying blockhead
Pyramids don't have a monopoly on terrifying head shapes, at least not if The Evil Within has anything to say about it. You might be wondering what's inside this fellow's safe-head. We got as close as we dared to take a few pictures and, frankly, we're not sure we want to know. Gallery: The Evil Within (Box Man) Seen@E3: The Evil Within's terrifying blockhead originally appeared on Joystiq on ...
June 15, 2013 - Joystiq
- Samuel Johnson in ABC Online
And Samuel Johnson said it more than 200 years ago: "no man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money."
- Albert Schweitzer in Dakota Voice
Overcoming innumerable difficulties, Dr. Albert Schweitzer wrote: "One day, in my despair, I threw myself into a chair in the consulting room and groaned out: 'What a blockhead I was to come out here to doctor savages like these!'"
- Alexander Pope in Merinews
So also did Alexander Pope say it beautifully in an alliterative quote, "the bookful blockhead, ignorantly read, with loads of learned lumber in his head".