- n the least favorable outcome
the worst that could happen
- n the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable
the invaders did their worst
so pure of heart that his worst is another man's best
- n the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of
it was the worst he had ever done on a test
- v defeat thoroughly
- a (superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition
the worst player on the team
the worst weather of the year
- a having undesirable or negative qualities
- s very intense
- s feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
- s (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition
- a feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
- s not capable of being collected
- s below average in quality or performance
- s nonstandard
- s not financially safe or secure
- s physically unsound or diseased
- s capable of harming
- s characterized by wickedness or immorality
- s reproduced fraudulently
- s not working properly
- r to the highest degree of inferiority or badness
She suffered worst of all
schools were the worst hit by government spending cuts
the worst dressed person present
- From lead in the soil to toxins in the water and radioactive fallout in the air, The Blacksmith Institute has created a list of the world's worst ecological disaster areas.
- This is quite possibly the worst rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" ever.
- Waldo Waterman wanted aviation pioneer Glenn Curtiss to like him in the worst way.
News & Articles
- Worst U.S. charities bilk millions
They say they're helping dying children and wounded veterans, but the numbers don't add up. The worst charities spent $1 billion of $1.3 billion in donations paying fundraising companies.
June 14, 2013 - CNN
- Worst charities in U.S. give little to causes
TAMPA, Fla., June 13 (UPI) -- The worst charities in the United States collectively spend only 4 percent of the money they bring in on causes they claim to back, an investigation found.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Worst Hitting Phillie Since 1998 to Return to Team?
If Salisbury is right, in the midst of this team-wide futility, the Phillies are adding the worst hitter they've had since the start of 1999. Yes, Michael Martinez is that bad a hitter.
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- Barack Obama in CNN (blog)
It took him five paragraphs to say the serious words we have all known for weeks, but he needed to say: "This oil spill is the worst environmental disaster America has ever faced."
- Jimmy Carter in Washington Post
I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history,Carter told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper's Saturday editions. "The overt...