- n an act that exploits or victimizes someone (treats them unfairly)
- v put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
- v take or consume (regularly or habitually)
- v use up, consume fully
- v seek or achieve an end by using to one's advantage
- v avail oneself to
- v habitually do something (use only in the past tense)
- But Vikram Akula is using advanced technologysmart cardsto make venture capital available to more of the 800 million people in India who live on less than $2 a day.
- Seo also suggests using bandanas and other reusable cloths, and for bottles of wine, sleeves of old flannel shirts.
- I don't see a bigger problem with using a credit card online than using it offline.
- Joe Barton in Washington Post (blog)
I apologize for using the term 'shakedown' with regard to yesterday's actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,he said.
- Dog Chapman in E! Online
I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred,Chapman said. "I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
Clinton said, however, "We have noticed that the pirates are buying more and more sophisticated equipment. They're buying faster and more capable vessels. They are clearly using their ransom money for their benefit, both personally and on behalf of...