- v take or consume (regularly or habitually)
- v make psychologically or physically used (to something)
She became habituated to the background music
- A healthy child will show a strong electrodermal response--basically a measure of sweating or stress--to the first exposure but will quickly habituate, showing little response to .
- But humans habituate to thrills, which means needing more and more to get the same buzz.
- But it's also unavoidable given our tendency to habituate to any unpleasant stimulus, from pain and sorrow to a persistent car alarm.