- v work hard
- s doing arduous or unpleasant work
toiling coal miners in the black deeps
- He had been toiling away for yearsunder Donna Karan at Anne Klein, as a design assistant at Calvin Klein and as the designer of the Cerruti label in Pariswhen his good .
- Millions more have died while toiling in cramped, pestilential conditions with meager food rations.
- Nehru was a moody, idealistic intellectual who felt an almost mystical empathy for the toiling peasant masses; an aristocrat who had passionate socialist convictions; a product of .
News & Articles
- Where Are They Now? 5 Former WWE Champions
COMMENTARY | After toiling for decades under the bright lights of professional wrestling, many wrestlers enjoy the seclusion of retirement. However, other wrestlers have a difficult time letting go and continue performing in smaller promotions long past their primes. This is also true of former WWE Champions from long ago, who engage in a variety of activities in their golden years.
June 14, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Lewis Lapham: Carnegie Urged Rich to Help Poor Rise Up
Immigrating from Scotland to the U.S., Andrew Carnegie took his first job at age 13 as a bobbin boy, toiling 12 hours a day, six days a week at a cotton factory.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Given a Shot, Spurs’ Neal Makes It Count
Undrafted Gary Neal, 28, made the Spurs’ roster after toiling for three seasons in Europe, then outshined all the stars in Game 3, scoring 24 points with 6 3-pointers.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
When you see Iraqis toiling and squabbling and struggling ...... remember it's not easy to build a democracy,Rice said.
- Indra Nooyi in Dallas Morning News
He (Dhoni) is ready for it (Test captaincy) but there is no need to rush as of now. Anil has done an exceptional job, he is a great leader and he is toiling in many overs for India. He is prepared to do 30 overs in a day. But he is on the other... Gary Kirsten http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kirsten&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEysjiOCV2vzlIsjtBDDiVGzjRAig Hindustan Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindustantimes.com/Redir.aspx%3FID%3D38b723c6-8f1c-4402-bb00-fa25a7f82f1a%26SectionName%3DCricket&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEpgeEqD3iZ_oMYQgY35ceNKI1hIw Sep 2, 2008
100589 133607 toiling There's no question we have lost that activity related to the construction worker as he was toiling in the hot sun," said Nooyi.