- v cause to tilt
- v mark with a tip
- v give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on
- v cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- v to incline or bend from a vertical position
- v walk on one's toes
- v strike lightly
- v give insider information or advise to
He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot
- v remove the tip from
- a having a tip; or having a tip as specified (used in combination)
a rubber-tipped cane
- s departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal
- He not only knew how to set up the board, which was crudely fashioned with a piece of plywood and a felt-tipped pen.
- All the diplomatic staff had fled, tipped off ahead of time.
- After all, many had believed Reagan's grand plan for a system that would render Moscow's nuclear-tipped missiles "impotent and obsolete" died along with the Soviet Union.
News & Articles
- Drew McIntyre Hints at Wanting His Old Gimmick Back
How the mighty have fallen. Drew McIntyre, once tipped as "the future of the WWE " by Vince McMahon , now finds himself treading water in 3MB alongside Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal . The Scot, who debuted to much fanfare in 2009 and became Intercontinental Champion soon after, has been demoted from a promising young star to part of a comedy heel troupe. But for how much longer? Earlier this ...
June 15, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Caught: 2-time AZ escapee's mom tipped off police
Miguel Jerry Zepeda, 22, was taken into custody Wednesday after his mom tipped off authorities where he could be found.
June 14, 2013 - CBS 5 Phoenix
- Dump truck tips over, closes K-15’s northbound lanes at 47th Street South
A dump truck loaded with dirt tipped over Friday morning during a turn at K-15 and 47th Street South, resulting in K-15’s northbound lanes being closed at the intersection, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said.
June 14, 2013 - The Wichita Eagle