- n a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
- n an interest in land capable of being inherited
- v give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on
fee the steward
- When campuses saw their energy bills go up, students were charged a fee.
- Credit card issuers are an inventive bunch, always creating new ways to entice consumers into signing up for cards, and to charge those consumers all sorts of fees for using those .
- After getting socked with a late fee and finance charge on my Kohl's account in May, I called to plead my case.
News & Articles
- S.F. halts fee deferral on construction
S.F. halts fee deferral on construction In another nod to San Francisco's increasingly upbeat economy, the Planning Commission called Thursday for an end to a 3-year-old fee deferral program designed to prop up the then-struggling local construction industry. The program "sought to provide an economic stimulus for new construction projects" by allowing developers to delay a variety of payments ...
June 14, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Impact fee awards released; local counties receive less
Gov. Tom Corbett’s office released on Thursday the distribution amounts to counties and municipalities for Marcellus Shale impact fee revenue it collected in 2012, revealing local awards to be slightly lower than those collected in 2011.
June 14, 2013 - The Bradford Era
- Fee increases coming for Concord services
CONCORD -- Residents here can expect fee increases to help balance the city's revised 10-year budget, which was reviewed at Tuesday night's council meeting.
June 12, 2013 - Concord Transcript
- Mark Thompson in guardian.co.uk
In a statement, Thompson said: "I would like to add my own personal and unreserved apology to Andrew Sachs, his family and to licence fee payers for the completely unacceptable broadcast on BBC Radio 2. BBC audiences accept that, in comedy,...
- Barack Obama in Reuters
We need to impose a fee on the banks that were the biggest beneficiaries of taxpayer assistance at the height of our financial crisis -- so we can recover every dime of taxpayer money,Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address.
- Jim Oberstar in International Herald Tribune
We'll put all things on the table,Oberstar said, but the gas tax "is the cornerstone. Nothing else will work without the underpinning of the higher user fee gas tax."