- v to incline or bend from a vertical position
- v heel over
- v move sideways or in an unsteady way
- v charge with a tilt
- s departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal
the headstones were tilted
- Then the upstream side of the roadway tilted in surreal slow motion, spilling sparks from a parted power cable into the dusk and an estimated 60 vehicles onto the weedgrown .
- He remembers that the plane's nose was tilted up when its tail crashed into the bridge, as if the pilot "was trying like hell to get that jet up.
- Reports Schafft: "Finger snapping and bottom twisting accompany a 'Hey, man, you're goin' get it!' or, looking at the floor, head tilted, a white child will do a short dance, just .
News & Articles
- Stanley Cup: Suddenly Bruins in for a fight of their lives
BOSTON - With one measly goal, in a game that had 11 of them, the balance of power has tilted dramatically in the Stanley Cup Finals.
June 21, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Summer solstice Thursday night
The summer solstice takes place Thursday evening at 10:04 p.m. PDT. Sunrise for the first full day of summer will be 5:21 a.m. Friday morning. The sunset Friday evening will be 9:03 p.m. The earth is tilted so that the North Pole is at its closest point to the sun and as a result there will be more minutes of sunlight in the Northern Hemisphere than at any other time of the year. The word ...
June 20, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Gruver Police Department? Yes or No?
The stage is set. A hot summer night in June, small town, huge controversy that has tilted nearly the entire community on its axis, a standing room only crowd of folks gather at the community building, just itching for their voice to be heard. A town divided.
June 20, 2013 - High Plains Observer
- Kent Conrad in Boston Globe (registration)
But Senator Kent Conrad, the South Dakota Democrat who chairs the Senate Budget Committee, said Bush is proposing "more deficit-financed war spending, more deficit-financed tax cuts tilted to benefit the wealthiest."
- Tiger Wood in Daily Times
They are by far the most difficult greens I've ever played,Woods said. "Most of the greens here are tilted. Some even run away from you. It depends on how the pins are set, if they give us a chance to play or if they are going to make it...
- Brenden Morrow in SportingNews.com
They got a couple of power plays, we got behind,said Morrow, the Stars' captain. "We had a good two or three shifts to start the game, but then the ice got tilted the other way."