- n a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- n a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
- v be a substitute
The young teacher had to substitute for the sick colleague
The skim milk substitutes for cream--we are on a strict diet
- How to airlift a sub .
- The micro-sub may also be useful in non-medical areas such as climate control or environmental technology.
- The risky operation to recover a sub, its two nuclear reactors, 22 missiles and an ill-fated crew.
News & Articles
- Miniature Sub-GHz LTCC Filter supports TI CC112x transceivers.
Designed for sub-1 GHz wireless applications using Texas Instruments CC112x series low power transceivers, LFD21 LTCC (low temperature co-fired ceramic) SMT filter measures 2.00 x 1.25 x 0.7 mm. Model LFD21868MMF has nominal operating frequency centered on 891.50 MHz ± 23.50 MHz and accommodates up to 500 mW transmit power output. Insertion loss is typically better than 1.73 dB transmit and 2.67 ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Sub-Saharan Africa Has 'Real Potential'
Sub-Saharan Africa's real potential rests increasingly with the region's burgeoning middle class, top executives told CNBC.
June 10, 2013 - CNBC
- Sub Pop Mega Mart reborn in Georgetown
The original Sub Pop Mega Mart opened on 1st Avenue next door to the Moore Theatre in 1990s. Now, in honor of Sub Pop’s 25th anniversary, a “pop up” Mega Mart (meaning, it’s small and temporary) has been opened in Georgetown. A special pre-opening party was held at the shop o
June 10, 2013 - Seattle Times