- n a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
- n a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- v move forward or under in a sliding motion
The child was injured when he submarined under the safety belt of the car
- v throw with an underhand motion
- v bring down with a blow to the legs
- v control a submarine
- v attack by submarine
The Germans submarined the Allies
- s beneath the surface of the sea
- The submarine suffered moderate damage, including the loss of a propeller.
- A collision between a British nuclear-powered submarine carrying multiple nuclear warheads and a French nuclear submarine armed with a similar payload may have been the result of .
- Designed to seek and destroy enemy submarines and surface ships.
News & Articles
- The Movie Jesse Eisenberg Has 'Seen A Million Times'
Actor Jesse Eisenberg could watch the British film Submarine a million times. "The movie as a whole is really wonderful but what I love about it even more is that each individual moment seems so special," he says.
June 16, 2013 - NPR
- Australia upgrading submarine fleet
CANBERRA, Australia, June 14 (UPI) -- Australia plans to upgrade its Collins-class submarine fleet and improve maintenance, sustainability and availability.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Telstra, Vodafone, Telecom NZ issue submarine cable tender for Australia-New Zealand link
Telstra, Vodafone and Telecom New Zealand have put forward a tender for their proposed Tasman Global Access submarine cable linking New Zealand and Australia.
June 14, 2013 - FierceTelecom
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in í•œê²¨ë ˆ
Clinton stated, "The evidence is overwhelming and condemning. The torpedo that sank the Cheonan...... was fired by a North Korean submarine."
- Michael Chertoff in Reuters
We shared information with the Mexican navy, but the Mexican navy acted alone. It was actually their seizure, their marines, their helicopters and naval vessels that captured the submarine,Chertoff told reporters in Mexico City.
- Guenter Grass in International Herald Tribune
In his affidavit Grass writes that "as a 15-year-old I volunteered in Gotenhafen to join the Wehrmacht. In fact I wanted to serve on a submarine or alternatively a tank unit," Spiegel Online reported. "This has nothing to do, directly or...