hoagie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- He called himself a planetary enzyme and "sort of smelled like a hoagie with onions all the time," as a friend puts it.
- Like many American workers10 million of us, according to the Pew Research CenterI find myself the smoked turkey in a big ol' hoagie sandwich between an elderly parent and .
- Cassidy takes issue with the critics of American English who fear that the language is becoming, well, as soggy as a hoagie in a goose drownder.
News & Articles
- The Picture Tells Some of the Story
Two weeks before the collapse of the Hoagie City wall onto the Salvation Army Thrift Store, L&I visited the construction site on Market St. This is what they saw.
June 10, 2013 - Philly.com
- Miss Unsafe Brakes 1939 Looks A Little Anorexic There
Come on, Miss Unsafe Brakes , have a sandwich or something! You're in 1939 Chicago, for weeping audibly, have a nice big deep-dish hot dog cheesesteak hoagie or whatever it is they eat there. I swear I can see your sternum behind that sash. And, in case you're wondering, this picture was taken at the 1939 Chicago Auto Show, where, if I'm understanding everything, unsafe brakes were being touted ...
June 7, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Readers Feel...
AMARILLO --- The SPCA showed off a few very sweet dogs this morning. The first was Hoagie. You can get Hoagie out at the Amarillo SPCA.
June 7, 2013 - KAMR Amarillo
- Joe Sestak in Houston Chronicle
Over in the Philadelphia suburbs, Rep. Joe Sestak agrees that Obama needs to engage in more down-to-earth campaigning - "a diner in the morning, a hoagie in the afternoon, a bar at night."
- John Oates in Canada.com
Our day came and went with very little fanfare,said Oates. "I thought I'd at least get a free cheesesteak hoagie or something out of it, some traditional gourmet Philadelphia fare, but I didn't even get that."
- Nellie McKay in San Jose Mercury News
It's pushy, all that romantic gusto,McKay says, with just a hint of grudging respect. "But I especially remember 'Young Man With a Horn,' because I love that soundtrack so much. I think in those movies, I identified mostly with Hoagie...