spirited : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v infuse with spirit
The company spirited him up
- a displaying animation, vigor, or liveliness
- s marked by lively action
a spirited dance
- s willing to face danger
- s made lively or spirited
a spirited debate
- Television Personality Jim Cramer is the spirited host of CNBC's Mad Money and the cable network's biggest star.
- This psychically fraught setup, and the question of whether or not the older man truly is dead, drive the fleet-footed, high-spirited plot of Exit Wounds, which is laid out in .
- From the moment you set foot in the boomtowns of the Rio Grande Valley, you sense you are watching the gold rush, headlong and free spirited and corrupt and ingenious.
News & Articles
- Rhea County leaders vote to buy mayor's land for jail
DAYTON, Tenn. — After a spirited public discussion, Rhea County Commission members Tuesday night approved the $350,000 purchase of land owned by Dayton's mayor as the site for a new jail or justice center.
June 20, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- New Hope residents sound off over loud music
New Hope Borough Council heard a spirited discussion on Tuesday from residents and business owners on the pros and cons of allowing amplified music in town.
June 19, 2013 - The Intelligencer
- Arming Neighbors
A high spirited group of pro-gun activists staged a protest outside of congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee's Height's office.
June 18, 2013 - FOX 26 Houston
- Sarah Palin in CNN International
Those were taken out of context and that's cruel,Palin said. "It's mean-spirited. It's immature. It's unprofessional and those guys are jerks if they came away with it, taking things out of context, and then tried to spread something on...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Wall Street Journal
Today we are coming together for the same goal, to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States. I was honored to be in this race with Barack and I am proud we had a spirited dialogue,Sen. Clinton said, prompting laughter...
- Jon Runyan in Philadelphia Inquirer
I look forward to the end of my career on the field, and a spirited campaign against Congressman Adler in 2010,Runyan said in the statement.