- v heighten or intensify
- v make lively
- a made sprightly or cheerful
- s made lively or spirited
a meal enlivened by the music
- Twenty pioneers of human expression who enlightened and enlivened us Brando, Dylan, Sinatra, Winfrey, more.
- In the dimmed cabin light, his dark, impassive face seemed enlivened only by his big, shiny, compelling eyes.
- It is, essentially, a two-hour PowerPoint presentation, enlivened if that's the right word by periodic shots of Al Gore staring pensively out of plane windows, Al Gore .
News & Articles
- Sunken Garden Poetry Festival Hosts Strong Lineup
Two Pulitzer Winners, Obama's Inaugural Poet Part Of Hill-Stead Series Two Pulitzer Prize winners. A former U.S. poet laureate. President Obama's 2013 Inaugural poet. A "poet of witness" who champions human rights. This year's Sunken Garden Poetry Prize-winner, and students whose "fresh voices" have enlivened state poetry competitions. That is the impressive line-up for the 21st Sunken Garden ...
June 12, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Scottish author Iain Banks dies of cancer, aged 59
By Belinda Goldsmith LONDON (Reuters) - Novelist Iain Banks, who enlivened Scottish literature for three decades with his dark humor, has died from cancer just days before the release of his 27th and final novel "The Quarry". Banks announced he was suffering from the disease in April and said he had asked his partner, the author Adele Hartley, if "she will do me the honor of becoming my widow ...
June 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Iain Banks Dies: Scottish Author Dead At 59
By Belinda Goldsmith LONDON, June 9 (Reuters) - Novelist Iain Banks, who enlivened Scottish literature for three decades with his dark humour, has died from cancer just days before the release of his 27th and final novel "The Quarry".
June 9, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Lote Tuqiri in Stuff.co.nz
As Tuqiri, who had lunch with the pair before they all headed to a Wallabies training session, explained: "Meeting guys like Ryley brings you back to earth, and you can only be enlivened by what he has achieved. We are really honoured to have him...
- Louis Farrakhan in Chicago Tribune
Brother Barack has enlivened black people to possibility,Farrakhan said. "And we must not let that energy die. And we must not allow our people to live in a false world, a euphoria that would give way to great despair if we don't take on...
- Kevin Rudd in The Age
These great values have enlivened our national soul for more than a century,Mr Rudd said. "They have shaped our past, they steel us for the present, and they secure our future."