- a lacking ardor or vigor or energy
a spiritless reply to criticism
- s evidencing little spirit or courage; overly submissive or compliant
- Capitalism can be cold, consumption oriented and spiritless, alienating those who feel repelled by its modernity and its materialist values.
- The three bulls which he drew from the corral were spiritless.
- Even Protestants dissatisfied with what often seems to be the spiritless confusion of their own churches would contend that Catholicism should profit by the Reformation but not use .