- s lacking neatness or order
a sloppy room
- s wet or smeared with a spilled liquid or moist material
a sloppy floor
a sloppy saucer
- s (of soil) soft and watery
- s not fitting closely; hanging loosely
- s excessively or abnormally emotional
- s marked by great carelessness
- If you're tired of the sloppy, mawkish sentiment that is the stock-in-trade of most mainstream greeting cards and e-cards, then you'll want to visit someecards.
- People born after 1980 tend to have a distinctive style of handwriting: a little bit sloppy, a little bit childish and almost never in cursive.
- Hedge funds played an important role in the shift to sloppy mortgage lending.
News & Articles
- IDOT finances rife with errors, oversight lapses, state audit finds
Bookkeeping is sloppy at the Illinois Department of Transportation, where contracts have been hastily awarded for "emergencies" such as trash collection and overtime claims have gone unchecked, according to a state audit released Wednesday.
June 20, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- USA vs Honduras: Sloppy Play Will Doom USA in Future Matches
USA defeated Honduras by a score of 1-0 on Tuesday, and the team should be happy about its recent success during World Cup qualifying. That said, USA cannot afford another sloppy match like it played against Honduras in the matches to come. As Bleacher Report's Michael Cummings noted, USA's effort in the first half of the game was not nearly good enough: With Graham Zusi and Michael Bradley ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Brewers Fail on Defense, Offense in 10-1 Loss
Their sloppy defense didn't get any help from an offense that left players stranded in scoring position.
June 19, 2013 - WBAY Green Bay
- JK Rowling in FOXNews
I did feel a degree of betrayal,said Rowling, who lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, with her husband and children. "I believe that it is sloppy, lazy and that it takes my work wholesale, verbatim. This book constitutes wholesale theft of 17...
- John Singlaub in FOXNews
I resented it that reporters thought it was my plane. I don't run a sloppy operation,Singlaub told The AP.
- Tara Conner in FOXNews
I'm an alcoholic. It was a craving thing - once I put it in my body, I would start craving more,says Conner, who notes she drank heavily but wasn't "getting sloppy drunk and dancing on tables."