haphazard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s dependent upon or characterized by chance
a haphazard plan of action
- s marked by great carelessness
a most haphazard system of record keeping
- r without care; in a slapdash manner
the Prime Minister was wearing a grey suit and a white shirt with a soft collar, but his neck had become thinner and the collar stood away from it as if it had been bought haphazard
- The budget is also notable for what it does not include: any reforms of the haphazard ways Congress throws money at infrastructure, agriculture, energy, health care and other big .
- Legislators, scientists and citizens are now openly concerned about the threat of "Californication"the haphazard, mindless development that has already gobbled up most of .
- Not only does the latest get hung up on the same wires and rug fringe that its predecessors did, but it still has a haphazard way of covering the floor, never sure where it's been .
News & Articles
- Are Britain's Mechanics Prepared for the Worst?
Independent UK garages operating in a 'haphazard marketplace' could be risking it all by not having a tailored insurance policy, says Unicom Insurance.
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- First responders face pay disparity, budget cuts
First responders face pay disparity, budget cuts by Marsha Mercer Stateline.org Published Jun 8, 2013 11:55PM MDT When bombs exploded in Boston and a monster tornado tore through Oklahoma, paramedics and emergency medical technicians ran toward danger. As first responders, they put their lives at risk in order to save the lives of others. Yet EMTs and paramedics are governed by a haphazard ...
June 9, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Justyn Hegreberg at False Front: A journey to the boundaries of painting
The 19 abstract paintings in Justyn Hegreberg's "Authentic Travel," up now through mid-June at FalseFront, are haphazard and nervy, wired with impulse and spontaneity.
June 7, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Adil Abdul-Mahdi in Guardian Unlimited
But Vice President Adil Abdul-Mahdi, a Shiite and a top leader in the parliamentary bloc controlled by al-Hakim's father, described the behavior of the US troops involved in the detention as "inappropriate, foolish and haphazard."
- President Bush in ABC News
Bush said the House Democrats' plan to pay for the war only through July was "haphazard, piecemeal funding."
- Lynne Abraham in Guardian Unlimited
It's a system that's fraught with inadequacies, improper checks and balances, no procedures in place. It's sort of a haphazard little dance that everyone dances around,said Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham.