- s dependent upon or characterized by chance
his judgment is rather hit-or-miss
- Until just a few years ago, making a baby boy or a baby girl was pretty much a hit-or-miss affair.
- Even that was hit-or-miss--people often ripped down the paper postings instead of jotting down the addresses.
- The Love Guru is a shambling, hit-or-miss thing, like an old Laurel and Hardy two-reeler.
News & Articles
- Poppin' tags: New high-end thrift shop thrives
While most of us know someone who can score killer designer duds at stores like Goodwill, Salvation Army, and the SPCA Rummage Store on Preston Avenue, successful thrift shopping can be a hit-or-miss endeavor, requiring regular visits, eagle eyes and a fashionista's knowledge of brands if you want to find the gems tucked among the junk. Not so at Trade , the new thrift store at the North Wing of ...
June 20, 2013 - The Hook
- James Franco Explains Why Studios Keep Remaking Superhero Films
Critics weren't wowed by "Man Of Steel," calling Henry Cavill's Superman "brooding" and offering hit-or-miss ratings on Rotten Tomatos (56 percent of reviewers liked it as of Wednesday morning).
June 19, 2013 - Business Insider
- Andy Roddick in AFP
This was a good match for me,Roddick said. "I felt like he had big swings and I thought that forced him to play a bit more aggressively on the first ball of a point which in turn creates a little bit of a more hit-or-miss deal for him,...
- Zach Galifianakis in International Herald Tribune
Everything is just kind of like performing in my basement,said Galifianakis. "I just have this free-for-all on the stage that is hit-or-miss. ...... I kind of slam myself about that but probably the only way I can do it is just in an...