- v make revolution
- v fill with distaste
- v cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of
- s highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
- On the other hand, it wants to be free to sensationally reinvent her life, mainly in order to provide the audience with images that are simultaneously revolting and sentimental.
- H2O won't make you fat, give you cancer or stain your teeth a revolting shade of yellow.
- Even so, in 2003 Foley revealed the deep shame he felt about his homosexuality when he called the rumor mill about his gay life "revolting.
News & Articles
- China factory workers hold American boss hostage
BEIJING, CHINA – Things can get a little out of control at the office, but for one guy life at work is revolting. Literally revolting. He’s Chip Starnes, co-owner of Specialty Medical Supplies , a Florida business with a facility …
June 25, 2013 - CW39 NewsFix
- Farm Free Or Die! Maine Towns Rebel Against Food Rules
New Englanders have never been shy about revolting against what they see as unfair food regulations. read more
June 21, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe Isn’t Available In Stores
Last week, a photo of a Krispy Kreme doughnut laden with Sloppy Joe filling made rounds across the web, enticing to some adventurous types and revolting to those who like to keep their glaze away from their ground beef. Today, …
June 11, 2013 - WebProNews
- Harriet Harman in Newsday
There is no way that we are in some way ambivalent about the question of torture. It is absolutely revolting and the thought that rendition is part of that, I think that is abhorrent,Harman told BBC television.
- Michele Alliot-Marie in Guardian Unlimited
It's absolutely shocking and revolting,Alliot-Marie told Europe-1 radio. "There are people who are unbalanced, who think they're clever, who want to blackmail (people) and use these kinds of methods."
- Nicolas Sarkozy in International Herald Tribune
A statement by President Nicolas Sarkozy says the "abject and revolting act" equates with "repugnant racism against France's Muslim community" and insults the memory of all World War I combatants.