- s causing or able to cause nausea
- s highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
a loathsome disease
- But the reality is that commenting either attracts loathsome people or somehow causes ordinary people to express themselves in a way that is loathsome.
- Lopez is a monster more instructively loathsome than any old 7-ft.
- Ralphie was a fellow of infinite jest but few other redeeming qualities, and Pantoliano played him with a loathsome relish that made him irresistible.
- Stephen Fry in guardian.co.uk
Fry wrote: "I gather a repulsive nobody writing in a paper no one of any decency would be seen dead with has written something loathsome and inhumane. Disgusted with Daily Mail's Jan Moir? Complain where it matters. She breaches 1,3,5 & 12 of the...
- Khaled Mashaal in International Herald Tribune
What happened, I swear to God and God is a witness, was loathsome for us,Meshal said. "It is like a medicine pill that we were forced to swallow."
- John Howard in International Herald Tribune
Howard told Parliament it was "quite unacceptable" that "money coming from AWB Ltd. ended up in the pockets of the loathsome Saddam Hussein regime."