- s highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
- Those big bugs are smart in their yucky way, and they are everywhere.
- Trapped in a theater, with the visual effects flaming all around you, and the make-up artists trying to top themselves with increasingly yucky creations, there's not much you can .
- Their fighting skills are as feral as ramming (that's Rhydon), as yucky as a tongue wrap (Lickitung--ugh!) or as childish as a tantrum (Primeape).
News & Articles
- Feminist Taylor Swift Twitter Made Our Day
The phrase “Feminist Taylor Swift” probably sounds a bit dissonant for a number of reasons we probably don’t have to go into but can touch on a bit, namely that her music (however catchy) tends to advance some particularly yucky and disempowering stereotypes, dichotomies, and general negative stuff. But now Feminist Taylor Swift is a... Read more » Feminist Taylor Swift Twitter Made Our Day is a ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Gustatory tug-of-war key to whether salty foods taste good
As anyone who's ever mixed up the sugar and salt while baking knows, too much of a good thing can be inedible. What hasn't been clear, though, is how our tongues and brains can tell when the saltiness of our food has crossed the line from yummy to yucky -- or, worse, something dangerous. Now researchers report that in fruit flies, at least, that process is controlled by competing input from two ...
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Food lessons: Whether C is for cupcakes or carrots in children's books matters for some parents
Leslie Patricelli didn’t keep junk food in the house when her three kids were toddlers, but the goofy, bald baby in her board book “Yummy Yucky” grins from ear to ear over chocolate sauce and cookies.
June 13, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Hines Ward in USA Today
Heinz Field has been a little yucky as of late,wide receiver Hines Ward said. "We've never been one to make excuses, because the other team has to play in it, too."
- Hilary Swank in Melbourne Herald Sun
Oh, it is important in that it's something that you have to experience. But I think my first kiss was really yucky. I think it was one of those things where someone else instigated it for us,Swank says during an interview to talk about her...
- Malcolm Turnbull in The Australian
Don't rule out desalination because it is expensive, or recycling because it sounds yucky, or building a dam,Mr Turnbull said. "Put everything on the table, assess all the economic, environmental and financial costs and then make a...