- v earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
- v convert into cash; of goods and property
- v expand or complete (a part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass
- v make real or concrete; give reality or substance to
- v be fully aware or cognizant of
- v perceive (an idea or situation) mentally
News & Articles
- Can The World Afford Higher Interest Rates?
That's the end of QE tapering talk then? Not quite, but it should die down somewhat, give U.S. Fed Reserve conduit Jon Hilsenrath's latest kiss-and-tell article in The Wall Street Journal. Thankfully, it might also stop all the blather about the U.S. and global economies recovering (they're not) and this being the end of the bond bull market (premature). What most investors fail to realise is ...
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Ice Sheets Were Terrifyingly Thick 20,000 Years Ago
Since our planet was born, it's gone through periods of extreme cold known as ice ages —but you might not realise just how of the cold stuff came with them. Spoiler: a lot. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- The Miz Talks About John Cena Helping Him, CM Punk Being His Polar Opposite
John Cena made me realise what I had to do to get ahead in this business,he says. You have to make your own way to the top because no one's going to give the spot to you.
June 14, 2013 - Lords of Pain
- Barack Obama in Independent
These changes are crucial to drive future growth and realise the promise of being a global health care leader for the long term. While we believe these actions are necessary to support Merck's competitive advantage, they required difficult... Richard Clark http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Clark_(pharmacologist)&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdoAGebEuybyNa4r9Jz-HjzFIdfA Economic Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/Merck-may-slash-15-of-global-workforce-shut-research-sites/articleshow/6147735.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMFNBYzqFXeP6700-Fjv9LtMtMqg Jul 9, 2010
80747 108746 realise On the eve of his envoy's tour of the Middle East, President Obama told the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya TV news channel: The moment is ripe for both sides to realise that the path that they are on is one that is not going to result in prosperity and...
- Osama bin Laden in Al-Ahram Weekly
As soon as the warmongering owners of the major corporations realise that you have lost confidence in your democratic system and have begun to look for an alternative, and this alternative is Islam, [they will] steer you away from Islam,Bin...