- n the process of showing signs of life
the quickening of seed that will become ripe grain
- n the stage of pregnancy at which the mother first feels the movements of the fetus
- n the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
- v move faster
- v make keen or more acute
- v give life or energy to
- v show signs of life
- v give new life or energy to
- By providing doctors with free tools and supportand perhaps a little prodding from the big insurers who pay the billsthe NEPSI alliance hopes to encourage a quickening in .
- OUTLOOK PTI BOARD OF ECONOMISTS As business moves into its traditionally bustling fall season, signs of a quickening recovery from the nation's most severe postwar.
- All through the economy, the business pulse was quickening.
News & Articles
- Modest U.S. economic recovery's silver lining
Inflation is slowing, not quickening. Household debt is shrinking, not expanding. The labor market is slack, not tight.
June 10, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Stocks rally on May jobs report
U.S. stocks jumped on Friday, with the benchmark indexes posting their first weekly gain in three, as May payrolls rose more than forecast but not so much as to cause worry about the Federal Reserve quickening any plans for monetary tightening.
June 9, 2013 - Denver Post
- Ban Ki-moon in í•œê²¨ë¡€ì‹ ë¬¸
The report highlights the scientific consensus regarding the quickening and threatening pace of human-induced climate change,Ban said in a statement issued by his spokesperson.
- Stu Jackson in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Our owners are intent on making the playoff seeding more fair for all teams going forward and in quickening the pace of the end of games,said Stu Jackson, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations. "The Board also thought it...
- Hu Jintao in Christian Post
In January 2008, Hu stated to the Chinese Politburo, "We must strive to closely unite religious figures and believers ...... to build an all-around : prosperous society while quickening the pace toward the modernization of socialism," according...