- v make keen or more acute
whet my appetite
- v sharpen by rubbing, as on a whetstone
- So far, Penguin Lives invariably whet and then satisfy curiosity.
- You've got to whet my appetite, to get me to come on board.
- It's not all about the metal: the exhibits on the lower floor whet your appetite with such everyday items as tools, pottery and fabric used by the societies that crafted the gold.
News & Articles
- Taste of Buffalo to celebrate 30 years
Here is something to whet your appetite. Thursday, we will learn about this year’s Taste of Buffalo.
June 13, 2013 - WIVB Buffalo
- News : FILTER EXCLUSIVE: In the Studio with Phantogram
Yesterday FILTER stopped by the Los Angeles studio where the New York duo Phantogram are finishing up their new album. They played us four or five few new songs (one was being referred to as " Intro ," which they played on their most recent US tour to open their set; one had the working title " Church Workshop ") to whet our appetites for the forthcoming sophomore full-length. It's coming ...
June 13, 2013 - Filter Magazine
- Bob Gabordi's blog: Super Sunday for economic and jobs news
Super Sunday, indeed. On Wednesdays, I like to tell readers what is coming up in the Sunday newspaper in the hopes that I'll whet your interest in reading and viewing more of what we have to offer.
June 13, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat
- Pat Summitt in InsideTennessee.com (subscription)
That will whet your appetite a lot,Summitt said. "But then she's got to come back and find some consistency, and she's got to be healthy to do that. Her size and her presence and her shooting touch, she's got great hands. It's been a long...
- Roy Williams in SportingNews.com
I think it's almost impossible to increase (my desire), but I think it does sort of whet the appetite a little bit and make you have dreams or nightmares and realize how close you were,Williams said. "But the bottom line is you didn't get...
- Rod Blagojevich in MyFox Washington DC
Harris testified Blagojevich said he wanted the $1.8 billion package for several reasons: Blagojevich "wanted to whet the road building industry's appetite with the first package and see how they did on fundraising," and because he wanted to act...