- v give new life or energy to
- v engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion
The students all recreate alike
- v give encouragement to
- v create anew
she recreated the feeling of the 1920's with her stage setting
- For his last meal, Andrs would recreate a barbecue he once had in an old mill in Tazones, a village in Asturias (northern Spain).
- Though Babur built a dynasty that was to last for 300 years, he never forgot his beloved Kabul, and exhausted vast riches to recreate its gardens throughout the subcontinent.
- All of the original Beach Boys sang on Pet Sounds, but from the very beginning this was Brian Wilson's autocratic attempt to recreate the noises in his head.
News & Articles
- Brown lending a hand to GOP's Gomez ahead of Mass. special election
On the eve of Tuesday night’s special election, Scott Brown is hoping to recreate that same special election magic he generated in 2010 for Republican Gabriel Gomez. The former Republican senator will hold a rally with the GOP nominee on Monday, according a Gomez campaign …
June 20, 2013 - MSNBC: First Read
- First man cured of HIV meeting with Seattle scientists to recreate cure
The first person ever cured of HIV was in Seattle Tuesday, meeting with scientists at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, where they're in the midst of a $20 million project to defeat HIV for good, and working to recreate this cure for others.
June 18, 2013 - KOMO Seattle
- Christie Brinkley and Brooke Shields Recreate The Past With Goofy Photo Remake
Christie Brinkley and Brooke Shields could have let their goofy pose from 1987 stay in the past; instead, they chose to poke fun at themselves and recently recreated the photo. The 59-year-old swimsuit model reunited with her actress friend last week, and they both proved that after all these years they still have some great... Read more » Christie Brinkley and Brooke Shields Recreate The Past ...
June 18, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Gerardo Martino in The Associated Press
We practiced penalty kicks once, so nobody could say we weren't prepared,coach Gerardo Martino said. "But our executions weren't too good. You can't recreate the environment you'll face in a real game, with 40,000 fans."
- Pope Benedict XVI in 940 News
Before it's too late, we need to make courageous choices that will recreate a strong alliance between man and Earth,Benedict said in his homily. "We need a decisive 'yes' to care for creation and a strong commitment to reverse those trends...
- Bob Ctvrtlik in Forbes
For the Olympic Games to be a success we have to recreate a certain magic, a certain celebration center,USOC international vice president Bob Ctvrtlik said, "and the waterfront location, right on the lake, we felt could do that."