- The loss of his moderating voice would embolden the hard-liners and hurt the partys efforts to broaden its base.
- But at those schools that were having second thoughts about the test, Atkinson's stance will embolden anti- SAT forces.
- Worsening chaos in Mindanao could embolden the most violent and radical elements in this protean coalition to export their jihad beyond the troubled island.
News & Articles
- New NIN sounds like old NIN, and it's coming to Outside Lands
Admit it, there was a time when a Nine Inch Nails album was the hardest music in your CD collection. You slipped your Downward Spiral disc in to drown out -- or perhaps embolden -- the bitter angst seething within.
June 8, 2013 - San Francisco Bay Guardian
- Vice President Dick Cheney in CBS News
On Wednesday night, while accepting an award from a conservative national security group, Cheney said that "signals of indecision out of Washington hurt our allies and embolden our adversaries" - a reference to the review process now being...
- President Bush in Austin American-Statesman (subscription)
There's no doubt in my mind that Gordon Brown understands that failure in Iraq would be a disaster for the security of our countries, that failure in Iraq would embolden extremist movements through- out the Middle East,Bush said. "He...
- President Bush in Wall Street Journal
I am extremely concerned that this ruling will embolden state legislatures to enact further measures to restrict a woman's right to choose, and that the conservative Supreme Court justices will look for other opportunities to erode Roe v. Wade,... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/18/ap3626814.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEWmSV_Xu1J4GH4Ragi968L9rNpnQ Apr 18, 2007
32488 41848 emboldened If we were to be driven out of Iraq, extremists of all strains would be emboldened," Mr. Bush said. "Al Qaeda could find new recruits and new sanctuaries. And a failed Iraq could increase the likelihood that our forces would someday have to...