- v remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation
purify the water
- v make pure or free from sin or guilt
- v become clean or pure or free of guilt and sin
The hippies came to the ashram in order to purify
- In his 1978 breakthrough, Yuen Wo-ping's Drunken Master, Chan played the real-life kung-fu hero Wong Fei-hung as an impish young man in need of a sifu (teacher) who could purify his .
- Merely preaching about the evils of dope is no more likely to purify the school- yard than a Sunday sermon about fallen women is likely to make the congregation chaste.
- There are those ready with solutions, like Abul Hussam, a Bangladeshi chemist who found a simple, life-saving way to purify poisoned water.
News & Articles
- Students Invent Water Purification Disc
Students at the University of Virginia have developed a new way of purifying water that they say could bring improved water quality for millions in the developing world. It's called a Madi Drop. Field testing begins this month in South Africa. The lab operates like a kitchen. They add several ingredients. Then they mix, weigh, press and bake them. What's created is called a MadiDrop - a ceramic ...
June 12, 2013 - Voice of America
- Research and Markets: Autologous Tissue Repair to 2018. Products, Indications, Markets and Forecasts
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zl8c52/autologous_tissue) has announced the addition of the "Autologous Tissue Repair to 2018. Products, Indications, Markets and Forecasts" report to their offering. The ability to isolate, purify and re-inject patient-derived cells with regenerative properties has led to a number of therapeutic products ...
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire
- Terry Goddard in ABC News
Jeffs, who was convicted last year in Utah of being an accomplice to rape, wanted "to isolate and perhaps purify the sect from any kind of outside influences," Goddard said.
- Bill Callahan in SI.com
I met with Maurice Purify this afternoon and I believe that he has made a sincere effort to redeem himself and move forward in a positive direction,Callahan said. "During his suspension from our program these past six weeks he has complied...
- Hu Jintao in Sydney Morning Herald
In a speech in January, President Hu Jintao called on the party to "purify the Internet environment."