distill : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation
- v undergo the process of distillation
- v extract by the process of distillation
distill the essence of this compound
- v undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops
The acid distills at a specific temperature
- v give off (a liquid)
The doctor distilled a few drops of disinfectant onto the wound
- Kamen's device uses that extra heat to distill waterboil it and condense it.
- Photographer Kimball says he wanted "to distill exactly what I was feeling before the election.
- But in the following session, Charlie Rose and four panelists tried to distill the rigorous discussion from the past day and a half--which took place on the dais and the stage as .
News & Articles
- Lessons from a rogue whiskey distiller
Corsair Artisan Distillery's Darek Bell talks to Fortune about his dream drink and how to recruit talent for a (partially) illegal trade.
June 20, 2013 - CNN Money
- Winchester man hopes to kick-start craft distillery
A Clark County man has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $45,000 to establish a craft distill
June 18, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Lexington Distillery Celebrates 'National Bourbon Day'
It's a day to celebrate one of Kentucky's many claims to fame. The Bluegrass is known for its bourbon. And it helped celebrate 'National Bourbon Day' on Friday. It was on that day back in 1789 that some say Elijah Craig became the first person to distill whiskey. He reportedly stored it in charred barrels here in Kentucky. Town Branch Distillery in Lexington celebrated 'National Bourbon Day' by ...
June 15, 2013 - ABC 36 Lexington
- Gerrit Zalm in International Herald Tribune
It's chaos. It is extremely difficult to distill a government out of these results,said Finance Minister Gerrit Zalm of the free-market Liberal party, Balkenende's current government partner.
- Michael Bloomberg in International Herald Tribune
Nobody's going to just listen to any one person, but you distill in your mind and combine the ideas that you get from a lot of different people,Bloomberg said Friday.
- Steve Jobs in æ–°åŽç½‘
It's the world's thinnest notebook (computer),Jobs said with a smile. "We went out and looked at all the thin notebooks out there and tried to distill a best-of-breed."