- n the product of vaporization of a solid
- v direct energy or urges into useful activities
- v make more subtle or refined
- v remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation
- v change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting
- v vaporize and then condense right back again
- s made pure
- Well, it starts with his strategic sensibility, and his almost peculiar ability to sublimate his ego to win a point something completely out of character and perhaps against .
- His charms still rested strongly on the warmth of our feelings for the great paintings he was copying, but sometimes he could sublimate the old master references deeply enough .
- The World Cup is mildly entertaining because you get to see them sublimate their little issues by kicking a ball at one another, sort of like watching your children backyard-wrestle.
News & Articles
- Paloma Kwiatkowski Joins 'Bates Motel'
Paloma Kwiatkowski has just been cast in the upcoming second season of Bates Motel! According to Deadline, the 19-year-old Canadian actress has booked a recurring role. Paloma will play Cody Brennan, a small town party girl who befriends Norman (Freddie Highmore) and bonds with him, showing him how having fun can sublimate pain – at [...]
Aug. 7, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- ‘Bates Motel’, ‘Reign’ Add Recurring Players
Meet Norman’s new romantic interest. Paloma Kwiatkowsk i has booked a recurring role on the second season of A&E ‘s Bates Motel . She will play Cody Brennan, a small town party girl who befriends Norman (Freddie Highmore) and bonds with him, showing him how having fun and “acting out” can sublimate pain – at least for awhile. Bates Motel executive producer Carlton Cuse at Comic Con alluded that ...
Aug. 6, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Michael Sheen in Los Angeles Times
You can fight against it, but ultimately the story is the master, and it's always going to be Peter Morgan's Frost,says Sheen. "You have to sublimate yourself to that and accept it."
- Nicholas Hytner in The Age
Let's be grown-up about this,says Hytner. "There are some teachers who sublimate their sexuality into teaching, and they are fabulous teachers. A lot of great artists are great artists because they sublimate their sexuality into their art;...
- Matt Damon in South Asian Women's Forum
Jack brought this incredible new element, this new layer to that character -- he made it more obscene,Damon said. "That felt authentic because these guys will sublimate sex into violence and violence into sex."