pulling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of pulling; applying force to move something toward or with you
his strenuous pulling strained his back
- v cause to move by pulling
- v direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes
- v move into a certain direction
- v apply force so as to cause motion towards the source of the motion
- v perform an act, usually with a negative connotation
- v bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover
- v steer into a certain direction
- v strain abnormally
- v cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense
- v operate when rowing a boat
- v rein in to keep from winning a race
- v tear or be torn violently
- v hit in the direction that the player is facing when carrying through the swing
- v strip of feathers
- v remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense
- v take sides with; align oneself with; show strong sympathy for
I'm pulling for the underdog
- v take away
- An antioxidant supplement could prove helpful for people with a rare hair-pulling disorder.
- A naked nymph pulling a kangaroo's tail? Or was she really pulling a million Australian legs?"She's out there, all right," said Hunter Ron Sells, insisting.
- After years of pulling away from Mideast diplomacy, the White House is forced, reluctantly, to undergo sudden immersion.
News & Articles
- Man accused of pulling gun on officer turns himself in
A convicted felon accused of pulling an assault style weapon on a Shreveport police officer is behind bars.
June 12, 2013 - KSLA-TV Shreveport
- Lennox school board member accused of pulling strings so credit-deficient daughter can walk stage at graduation
A Lennox school board member is under fire for reportedly pulling strings to allow her daughter to participate in her high school commencement ceremony even though she did not earn nearly enough credits to walk the stage this past weekend. | » See more graduations
June 12, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- Teen charged with pulling gun on his ex at Houston school
Teen charged with pulling gun on his ex at Houston school Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:47 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 The victim, who attends the school, told Houston police that she was waiting for a ride in the school parking lot at 4141 Costa Rica Road on June 6 ...
June 10, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Roger Clemens in Bleacher Report
Clemens went so far as to say if he was using steroids, he would have "a third ear coming out of my forehead" and that "I should be pulling tractors with my teeth."
- Diego Maradona in Goal.com
We know Germany are a different team to the side we faced in Mexico. They are stronger, but we will field the right players to beat them,he said. "I feel like pulling on the jersey and playing myself. It is beautiful to be involved with...
- Robert Kubica in New York Times (blog)
It was a straightforward decision for me to continue with a team where I feel at home,Kubica said. "What's important for me is to be in the right atmosphere, with a good group of people, where everybody is pulling in the same direction....