- n a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure
- v arrange in stacks
- v press tightly together or cram
- v place or lay as if in a pile
- A century later, the consequences of putting every living soul on gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots.
- As early as 2001, he had a whole routine built around the Parma-based firms dubious balance sheetnoting that even as a multibillion-euro debt was piling up, Parmalat was .
- Kids are dazed, parents are stressed why piling it on is hurting students By Romesh Ratnesar.
News & Articles
- Bruins' David Krejci piling up points
Wednesday June 12, 2013 BOSTON -- David Krejci is quietly doing what he usually does when the playoffs roll around. The Boston Bruins center is piling up points while letting teammates applaud his accomplishments. "He’s not on billboards. He’s not a superstar. He’s not the poster boy for anybody," forward Shawn Thornton said Monday, "but I think he likes that.
June 12, 2013 - North Adams Transcript
- Keller buying Canadian piling business for $227.5M
British engineering company Keller is buying a Canadian piling business from North American Energy Partners Inc. for about $227.5 million as it seeks to expand its business in the oil sands-rich region. ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Keller to Buy North American Piling for Maximum C$320 Million
Keller Group Plc (KLR) plans to acquire Canadian foundations company North American Piling for a maximum payment of C$320 million ($314 million) to tap growing construction and energy markets in the region.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Eric Cantor in New York Times (blog)
Mr. Cantor added, "It's the notion that you can solve a problem by reflexively piling vast new layers of new bureaucracy and regulatory costs and taxes on it."
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Piling an irresponsibly large debt on top of the new GM would mean simply repeating the mistakes of the past,Obama said. "So we are acting as reluctant shareholders because that is the only way to help GM succeed."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Seattle Times
I don't think they're piling on because I'm a woman, I think they're piling on because I'm winning,Clinton told reporters at the State House, where she filed papers to officially place her name on the New Hampshire ballot. "I anticipate...