- v strip the skin off
- v come off in flakes or thin small pieces
- v get undressed
- s (used informally) completely unclothed
- Another major layer is being peeled away in this issue of PTI, in the excerpts from a forthcoming book that contains many startling, fresh glimpses into Hughes' life.
- We do a job that keeps a certain part of your psyche peeled and fresh.
- I reached into my pocket and peeled off a couple of bills to pay the fare.
News & Articles
- Families' friendships continue at CWS
As the dog pile unfolded Tuesday after the Super Regional against South Carolina and one North Carolina baseball player after another peeled off the stack of bodies on the pitcher’s mound, pitcher Benton Moss went looking for his friend.
June 16, 2013 - Rocky Mount Telegram
- Lunchbreak: Father’s Day dinner ideas with a bacon theme
The Cooking Mom www.thecookingmom.com Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients: 1 1/2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled 1 pound bacon 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 1/2 cups Zesty Italian dressing Wooden skewers Directions: Soak skewers in water for at least a few …
June 14, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Good Taste : Classic cocktails or creative concoctions – What are you sipping on this summer?
Last summer I made my own cucumber vodka from the cucumber bounty of the garden. Peeled, deseeded, and thinly sliced, the cucumbers joined a bottle vodka in the fridge for a couple of days.
June 14, 2013 - The Martha's Vineyard Times
- Jim Hood in BusinessWeek
Unless the insurance companies come forward and help us forge a settlement quickly,Hood said in his statement, "I believe that this spring the American people will see through a congressional investigation the curtain peeled back on some...
- Emile Hirsch in KHSL
Hirsch explains, "Me and Kick were in the trailer hanging out. Kick was sitting back with his hands behind his head and I was doing push ups. It was hot so I peeled my driver's suit down a bit, and then Eric, the wonderfully gay production...
- Andrew McNamara in The Australian
That's a big crocodile, so if it was still around in such a busy part of the bay, you'd expect someone to have seen it,Mr McNamara said. "But I am still asking boaties to keep their eyes peeled and contact the Environmental Protection...