- n British politician (1788-1850)
- n the rind of a fruit or vegetable
- v strip the skin off
- v come off in flakes or thin small pieces
The paint in my house is peeling off
- v get undressed
- Vesper Martini (Casino Royale): Three ounces of Gordon's gin, one ounce of vodka , half-ounce of Lillet Blanc, shake over ice and add a slim slice of lemon peel.
- His brand of lowbrow comedieswhich mix dizzying verbal wordplay, banana-peel pratfalls and kung fu (think the Marx Brothers with jump kicks)are wildly popular with Asian .
- When she reached nine feet in circumference, all she could do was sit on a strong chair, smile cheerfully and peel a few potatoes.
News & Articles
- Reuniting with friends and Hannibal bound
My dad knew no strangers. He could befriend someone quicker than it took to peel and cook an iron skillet of fried potatoes. I think I’m a lot like him, too! Take for instance Tuesday of last week. Debbie and I were enjoying breakfast at the Quality Inn and Suites in Hannibal, Mo. Seated at [...]
June 11, 2013 - Poweshiek County Chronicle Republican
- Dole Helps Boys & Girls Club Teichert Branch “Peel the Love” During June 10 Banana Truck Stop
--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dole’s Peel the Love Banana Truck will visit the Sacramento Boys & Girls Club Monday, June 10 to lead a fun nutritional presentation for the kids about healthy summer eating and nutrition.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire
- Peel in, Moser out as Massillon police chief
Mayor Kathy Catazaro-Perry swore in Bill Peel as the city’s new interim Chief of Police this afternoon. Peel replaces Keith T. Moser, who succeeded interim chief Joe Herrick on June 7, 2012.
June 6, 2013 - The Massillon Independent
- Bill Cunningham in 940 News
The time will come, Cunningham added, when the liberal-leaning media will "peel the bark off Barack Hussein Obama" and tell the truth about his relationship with indicted fundraiser Antoin (Tony" Rezko) and how Obama got "sweetheart deals" in...
- David Bowie in Crave
It also attracted celebrity support from musicians such as Radiohead and David Bowie, who said, "6music keeps the spirit of broadcasters like John Peel alive and for new artists to lose this station would be a great shame."
- Nancy Pelosi in Forbes
Last week, Pelosi said Democrats were making some progress and hoped to "peel off about 14 votes" to override the veto.