- n a field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock
- n bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle
- v let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
- v feed as in a meadow or pasture
- He's raised on grass and hay and lives happily on a pasture by the ocean.
- Crouching in a verdant pasture in the early summer sun, Eduardo Sousa plucks a few blades of grass and extends them toward a flock of geese.
- Beef raised wholly on pasture, rather than grain-fed in feedlots, may be better for your health--and for the planet.
News & Articles
- Pasture fire in Ontario gets out of hand
ONTARIO — A pasture fire in Ontario that got out of hand today left neighbors and firefighters scrambling to put out the fire as it headed toward a house.
June 12, 2013 - Argus Observer
- YSU goes to Bonnaroo Music Fest
By: JUSTIN CARISSIMO NEWS EDITOR The former McAllister Farm resting in Manchester, Tennessee, is an uninhabited 750-acre pasture of long fields and trees. For four days every June, the farm evolves into the Bonnaroo Music and Ar...
June 12, 2013 - Jambar
- Groveton PD looking for suspects who stole a pickup from a pasture
Officers with the Groveton Police Department are investigating a May 21 incident in which a 1960 International pickup was stolen out of a hay pasture. The International truck was recovered Saturday off Beef Road, which is 5 miles outside of Groveton.
June 10, 2013 - KTRE Lufkin and Nacogdoches
- Michael Bloomberg in BloodHorse
Although the negotiations went down to the wire, they produced an agreement that truly belongs in the winner's circle,Bloomberg said in a statement. "Working with state leaders, we have put out to pasture a fiscally flawed arrangement with...
- Jack Nicklaus in SportingNews.com
My father went over before and played with a couple of his friends, and he said it was the worst golf course they'd ever seen - what a cow pasture it was, horrible conditions,Nicklaus said.
- Patty Loveless in Pakistan Daily Mail
I was trying to heal,Loveless says softly from the back of a dim, empty theatre at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. "And I have to say that I thought maybe my time had come to put myself out in the pasture."