- n a field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock
- Put a value on forests in the carbon market, and suddenly it makes sense to leave a tree be, rather than clear it for cheap pastureland.
- The FAO estimates that about 20% of the planet's pastureland has been degraded by grazing animals, and increased demand for meat means increased demand for animal feed much of .
- As dawn broke, a thick mist rolled across the pastureland around the Dutch hamlet of De Punt, enveloping the motionless yellow train.
News & Articles
- Satellites Show Shrinking Aquifers in Drought-Stricken Areas
In New Mexico, the Rio Grande is trickling through Albuquerque at only a quarter of its normal flow. The parched range and pastureland in the southwest part of the state are all rated in poor condition by the Department of Agriculture. [More]
June 17, 2013 - Scientific American
- Timur in BBC News
Timur says: "The water is rising gradually, the pastureland is shrinking, and every year more people have to leave."