- n a human being
- a subject to death
- s involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death
- s unrelenting and deadly
- s causing or capable of causing death
a mortal illness
- On March 11, 2002, when they turned it on, the engineers did something no mere mortal had ever done before: they created the Earth.
- Desperation and luxury are mortal enemies.
- Marilyn seems far less factual, more Cinderella or Circe than mortal.
News & Articles
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra Tenderly Cover Otis Redding's 'Dock of the Bay'
Kraut-soul trio Unknown Mortal Orchestra have got a dangerously potent combination of guts and chops. That's the only explanation why they recently took on Otis Redding's timeless "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay" and remade it in their own image...
June 13, 2013 - Spin
- 'Wolverine' Tries Out Life As A Mortal In Latest Trailer
The latest international trailer for "The Wolverine" is out and we get to see a lot more footage of the film. Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine Logan trading in his powers for a mortal life.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Mortal Instruments: Three New Character Posters!
Check out two new character posters from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones featuring Godfrey Gao and Jemima West! Kevin Zegers as Alec Lightwood is also pictured below. Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Lily Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre [...]
June 8, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Osama bin Laden in 940 News
The most evil of the traitors are those who trade away their religion for the sake of their mortal life,bin Laden said in the tape posted on the Web.
- David Miliband in FOXNews
British Foreign Secretary David Miliband said Friday it was "vital" for Pakistani politicians to stop feuding and "unite against the mortal threat that Pakistan faces, which is a threat from its internal enemies."
- Erik Prince in International Herald Tribune
It would hurt us,Prince said. "It would not be a mortal blow, but it would hurt us."