moistening : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of making something slightly wet
- v make moist
- v moisten with fine drops
- Your article states that John Rust hit upon the idea of using a smooth spindle and moistening same to make the cotton adhere.
- Carried on an endless belt, the rods first pass through a moistening device, then comb through the cotton plants.
- In addition to moistening the greenhouse soil, the 6,000-gal.
News & Articles
- Rain dampens weekend events but not spirits
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Surprisingly strong thunderstorms rolled through southeast Wisconsin Friday morning, June 21st, moistening weekend events such as Greek...
June 21, 2013 - FOX 6 Milwaukee
- Roy Spencer in USA Today
Roy Spencer, principal research scientist at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, says, "The main thing they're trying to show is that the recent warming and moistening in the last 30 years is outside the range of natural variability, and that man...