minutes : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a written account of what transpired at a meeting
- n a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour
- n an indefinitely short time
- n a particular point in time
- n a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree
- n a short note
the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting
- n distance measured by the time taken to cover it
its just 10 minutes away
- He went a record-breaking 17 minutes without breathing, thanks to intensive training, stamina and some lucky human evolution.
- Many of the parents 43% reported that their kids were spending 90 minutes or more on homework each night, which is beyond the 70 minutes a day that experts recommend for .
- Eyewitness: All it took was six minutes for a college lecture course to become a killing field.
News & Articles
- Joey Chestnut eats 69 hots dogs in 10 minutes to win his seventh Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest
American competitive eater Joey Chestnut won his seventh consecutive Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest on Thursday at the annual competition in Coney Island, consuming 69 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.
July 4, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Joey Chestnut Just Ate 69 Hot Dogs In 10 Minutes. Should We Fear For His Health?
Joey Chestnut won Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest again this year, eating 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes. It was the seventh straight time that Chestnut has won the annual Coney Island event, and the third time in the past six years that he'd set a new world record.
July 4, 2013 - Forbes
- Greatest Coach in NBA History? No 'Red' Herrings Here
COMMENTARY | With 20 hours a day devoted to free agent speculation fueled by anonymous "sources," surely we can find five minutes to argue about something else. No, I'm not talking about whether the New Jersey Nets should buy Kevin Garnett a folding walker or a walker with wheels; after only 30 seconds, wheels are obviously the preference. But with all the focus on players, let's spend a few ...
July 4, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- James Cameron in Vancouver Sun
It quoted Cameron as saying, "Audiences repeatedly told me they wanted more of Pandora, and wished they could have stayed there longer. So we're making that possible. Avatar: Special Edition will be exclusively in 3-D, and will have eight minutes of...
- Carlos Dunga in The Associated Press
We didn't expect this,Brazil coach Dunga said. "We know that any World Cup match is about 90 minutes. In the first half we were able to play better, and we weren't able to maintain that rhythm in the second half."
- Joe Torre in USA Today
This has been a great 12 years, whatever the hell happens from here on out,Torre said after the loss. "The 12 years just felt like they were 10 minutes long, to be honest with you."