instant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat)
- n a particular point in time
- s occurring with no delay
relief was instantaneous
- s in or of the present month
- s demanding attention
an instant need
- A late bloomer invented the instant noodles that fueled the Asian Miracle.
- Other bloggers linked to them; soon the news networks were covering it, and some incriminating instant messages surfaced.
- Polaroid Founder-Chairman Edwin Land is a showman who likes to use his corporation's annual meetings to stage splashy demonstrations of the company's latest instant-photography.
News & Articles
- Instant Checkmate Acquires High Rating From Better Business Bureau
Instant Checkmate Inc., the preeminent online resource for public records, today announced the honor of receiving an A- rating with the Better Business Bureau.
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Redbox Instant, Flixster, Live Events Viewer coming to PlayStation, planned for PS4
During Sony's E3 press briefing, SCE president Andrew House has announced that both Redbox Instant and Flixster are headed to the PlayStation platforms. Redbox Instant will arrive on PS3 "very soon," said House, while Flixster is slated for this fall. Furthermore, the "Live Events Viewer" will bring on-demand service to the device. Finally, House added that Sony is "working hard to bring all of ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq
- Instant Photoshopped Ads
What do you get when you put together one guy who's really good at Photoshop. a bus stop, and some cameras? Instant ads starring you! Check out these ads that were put together on the spot starring the people waiting for their buses! Amazing! - via YouTube/AdobeNordic. (01:01)
June 10, 2013 - Philly.com
- Stan Van Gundy in New York Times
I think they're instant contenders,Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy, whose team made the finals in 2009, told The Associated Press. "I don't think there's any doubt. They're instant contenders to win an NBA championship."
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We tend to want there to be instant success in the world,Bush said after a lunch with Prime Minister John Howard of Australia, "and the task in Iraq is going to take a while."
- Don Sweeney in Boston Herald (blog)
He'll be a tough player to play against,said Sweeney. "Time and space for him is something he can create in an instant. He gets up to speed and he does things at full speed. That's going to create a lot of anxiety for all defensemen."