milliner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who makes and sells hats
- Photographer Steichen was born in Milwaukee in 1879, son of a copper miner and a milliner.
- For one night in Paris, you're not a corporate lawyer you're a concert pianist turned milliner.
- Miss Lupino goes to work for a German milliner (Joseph Cawthorn) and proceeds to demonstrate that, in spite of her smart talk, she is the one he should have picked.
News & Articles
- 5 hot alternatives to fascinators
Milliner Philip Treacy has declared the fascinator ‘dead.’ Here’s how to tress up instead. — JOHANNAH MASTERS...
June 9, 2013 - New York Post
- Gilbert Stuart in Washington Post
Early on, when the Archbishop of Dublin demanded changes to his portrait, Stuart responded that "a dressmaker may alter a dress; a milliner a cap; a tailor a coat, but a painter may give up his art, if he attempts to alter to please."